Blackboard Collaborate Mobile (Android) Web Conferencing System Requirements
Below, please find the supported devices and recommended system specifications for using Blackboard Collaborate Mobile (Android) Web Conferencing.
Blackboard Collaborate Mobile (Android) Web Conferencing is free to enterprise and departmental-licensed customers and supports the OS's listed below.
It must be enabled by your institution to function, and you must be using Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing V12.6
Definitions of Terms
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Compatible: partially tested and supported.
Provisional: untested but supported.
Unsupported: impossible or not supported.
Note: New versions of the Android OS are provisionally supported by Blackboard Collaborate Support unless otherwise noted.
Blackboard Collaborate Mobile Web Conferencing
| Code Name||OS Version|| Certified|| Compatible|| Provisional|| Unsupported|
|Lollipop||Android 5.0 - 5.11||Certified|| || || |
|Marshmallow||Android 6.0 - 6.0.1||Certified|| || || |
|Nougat||Android 7.0 - 7.1.2||Certified|| || || |
|Oreo||Android 8.0 - 8.1|| || ||Provisional|| |
The following browsers are recommended for launching Blackboard Collaborate Mobile (Android) Web Conferencing.
- Chrome and Browser supported on Android
- Silk supported on Kindle Fire HD
- Blackboard Collaborate Mobile (Android) "Original" Web Conferencing, available in version V12.5, is included in the license for enterprise and departmental-licensed customers and has already been enabled for these accounts. Mobile is not available for Moderator Access, or single room vClass customers.
- If you are using Blackboard Collaborate Mobile you must connect to Web Conferencing sessions on port 2187.
- If you are using the Blackboard Student app or Blackboard Instructor app for your Blackboard Learn course and you are using Collaborate Web Conferencing "Original" in your course, these two apps will not launch the Blackboard Collaborate app for Collaborate "Original" sessions. To use Collaborate "Original" from Blackboard Learn, login to Blackboard Learn in a browser such as Chrome to launch your session.