When Collaborate sessions are launched from a Blackboard Learn site with a non-default hostname, utilizing the Course group set option in the Breakout Group configuration will cause the Breakout Groups to fail.
Steps to Repeat:
- Launch a Collaborate session from a Blackboard Learn site that is not using a default hostname.
- Example of default vs non-default hostname:
- Default hostname: https://www.university.blackboard.com
- Non-default hostname: https://www.university-alias.blackboard.com
- Open the Collaborate Panel in the lower-right corner of the Collaborate session.
- Select the Share Content tab.
- Select Breakout Groups.
- Click the drop-down menu for Assign Groups.
- Select Course group set.
A prompt will now appear on-screen requesting the user to sign in to Blackboard Learn. Once the credentials are entered and submitted, an error message will be presented and the user will not be able to initiate the Breakout Group feature.