Date Published: Jun 26,2014 Category: Product:Collaborate,Learn_BU; Version:X9_1_SP12_9_1_120113_0,X9_1_SP13_9_1_130093_0,X9_1_SP14,Web_Conferencing,SAS,ELM,Learn_April_2014_9_1_201404_160205 Article No.: 000037956
Product: Blackboard Learn
Blackboard is pleased to announce the availability of an updated Collaborate Enterprise Building Block, versions 4.4 and 4.6, for Blackboard Learn.
- Windows Launcher is a new utility for Windows end users that provides a convenient and reliable way to launch Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing sessions and records. Please refer to Blackboard Collaborate Launcher for full details.
This release resolves the following:
- B2 4.3.x does not localize dates on Collaborate Session/Recording list pages when using Standard Learn Language Packs.
- Cannot edit expired sessions.
- Guest URL appears for students when joining sessions.
- External Invitee uses invitee email address to send mail and as Display Name in session.
- B2 4.2.x dropped the usage of the ListAttendance table to store the session attendance.
- Ability to add moderators without restricting access was removed in 4.2.x.
- Myroom recording is not generating guest link.
- Loading and preloading content is confusing, particularly when the content is a PowerPoint file.
- User cannot create guest-enabled session on session creation.
- Cannot alter access for a restricted recording.
- Student role can no longer be granted Convert Recording permission.
- Guest URL shows up in expired sessions.
- Moderator assignment for new My Rooms is given to first user to view the Collaborate tool.
- If guestlink display name includes an apostrophe, an error is returned.
- Collaborate tool link on Course Menu removed after upgrade to 4.3.
- Available recording files are not being re-checked.
- Collaborate recordings are not checked periodically and updated if Recording Conversion is disabled.
- Unavailable Course because of date range setting results in "The End Date Time must be greater than the Start Date Time" message.
- Editing series of sessions causes integrated telephony data to disappear from the Room Details page.
- Incorrect Korean translations in the Collaborate B2.
- When creating an announcement, user is is unable to select a Collaborate session for mashup in the announcement.
- Attendance Pullback API issues resolved.
Supported Platforms and Upgrade Paths
The 4.4.1109530 Building Block is available to Blackboard Learn Course Delivery clients who also license Blackboard Collaborate Enterprise and are on Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 12 through 9.1 Service Pack 14.
- Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1 Service Pack 12 (Build: 9.1.120113.0)
- Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1 Service Pack 13 (Build: 9.1.130093.0)
- Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1 Service Pack 14 (Build: 9.1.140152.0)
Note: Direct upgrades to these release are supported from Building Block versions 4.3.x.
Clients on older versions of the Building Block will be required to upgrade to release 4.3 before installing this update
ELM Server is not supported
Building Block Download and Documentation
Clients running Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 12 or later will be notified of the Building Block via the Software Updates module on the Administrator Panel. Administrators can choose to install the Building Block from that interface. The Software Updates notification will occur within 24 hours of this announcement publication.
The Building Blocks are also available for download here on Behind the Blackboard.