Date Published: Mar 26,2018 Category: Product:Web_Conferencing_Known_Issues_and_Error_Messages_Web_Conferencing; Version:Web_Conferencing Article No.: 000048047
Product: Collaborate -Web Conferencing
Service Pack(s): Web Conferencing
Issue Description: Collaborate Original users unable to upload PowerPoint files in Collaborate Classic on Mac OS High Sierra.
Known Issue SymptomsUpon trying to upload a PowerPoint file into a Collaborate Original session, user gets an error message:
"Failure calling PPT to process"
Affected Platforms:MacOS High Sierra (version 10.13)
- Convert the PowerPoint slides to image files (jpeg format) and upload them into your Collaborate Original session.
- Use Oracle Java instead of launcher.
- You will need to change the file type association for the .collab file to direct it to open with Oracle Java
- Right Click on .Collab File > Get Info > Expand the Opens With section.
- Finder opens
- Click Always Open With
- Select Macintosh HD from drop down once finder opens.
- Select Enable: All Applications
- Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/Java Web Start.app
- Select Java Web Start.app
- Download and use Apache OpenOffice to complete the PowerPoint upload process.