Date Published: Feb 08,2019 Category: Planned_First_Fix_Release:Future_Reference_Learn; Product:Users_and_Role_Management_Learn,Course_Tools_Learn; Version:Learn_9_1_Q2_2017_3200_0_0,Learn_9_1_Q4_2017,Learn_9_1_Q2_2018,Learn_9_1_Q4_2018,Learn_9_1_Q2_2019,Learn_9_1_Q4_2016_3100_0_0_rel_107_401e,Learn_October_2014_9_1_201410_160373,SaaS,Learn_9_1_Q4_2015_9_1_201510_1171621,Learn_9_1_Q2_2016_3000_1_0_rel_52_991d Article No.: 000041304
Product: Blackboard Learn
Service Pack(s): Learn 9.1 Q2 2017 (3200.0.0), Learn 9.1 Q4 2017 (3300.0.0), Learn 9.1 Q2 2018 (3400.0.0), Learn 9.1 Q4 2018 (3500.0.0), Learn 9.1 Q2 2019, Learn 9.1 Q4 2016 (3100.0.0-rel.107+401e, Learn October 2014 (9.1.201410.160373), SaaS, Learn 9.1 Q4 2015 (9.1.201510.1171621), Learn 9.1 Q2 2016 (3000.1.0-rel.52+991d)
Issue Description: In Student preview mode, when the instructor views files, the file permissions are based on his permissions rather than on the 'demo student's' permissions. As a result, file links that would have appeared broken to students, work for Instructors during 'Student Preview'.
Steps to Replicate:
- Log into Blackboard Learn as an Instructor
- Enter a Course
- Go to Course Menu > Content Collection > '<Course_ID>'
- Upload a file into the Course Home Folder
- Click on the file that you uploaded
- Copy the URL from the Browser Location Bar
- Turn on "Student Preview"
- Paste the copied URL in a new tab in the Browser Location Bar
- Click Enter
- Refresh the browser tab to ensure the file wasn't cached and that you are in fact asking the server for that file again based on current user's permissions
Permissions Error or Page Not Found
The uploaded file is displayed to the Student Preview User
Target Release: Future Reference
Patch Available: No