Date Published: Sep 24,2014 Category: Planned_First_Fix_Release:Will_Not_Fix; Product:Outcomes_Learn; Version:Learn_9_1_Q2_2017_3200_0_0,Learn_9_1_Q4_2016_3100_0_0_rel_107_401e,X9_1_SP11_9_1_110082_0,X9_1_SP12_9_1_120113_0,X9_1_SP13_9_1_130093_0,X9_1_SP14,Learn_April_2014_9_1_201404_160205,Learn_October_2014_9_1_201410_160373,Learn_9_1_Q4_2015_9_1_201510_1171621,Learn_9_1_Q2_2016_3000_1_0_rel_52_991d Article No.: 000035942
Product: Blackboard Learn
Service Pack(s): Learn 9.1 Q2 2017 (3200.0.0), Learn 9.1 Q4 2016 (3100.0.0-rel.107+401e, 9.1 SP11 (9.1.110082.0), 9.1 SP12 (9.1.120113.0), 9.1 SP13 (9.1.130093.0), 9.1 SP14 (9.1.140152.0), Learn April 2014 (9.1.201404.160205), Learn October 2014 (9.1.201410.160373), Learn 9.1 Q4 2015 (9.1.201510.1171621), Learn 9.1 Q2 2016 (3000.1.0-rel.52+991d)
Issue Description: Tabbing through Answers and Questions in Enterprise Surveys is extremely difficult with JAWS in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. When Pressing TAB it moves to the First Possible Response for each Question. Survey Questions are not read when using TAB to navigate through the Page, only by Mouse Clicking in the appropriate areas are the Questions read. The Tabbing seems to work fairly well in Firefox, as it does move to the next appropriate answer response.
Steps to Replicate:
- Create an Enterprise Survey with 1 of each of the following Question Types
- Either Or
- Option Scale/Likert
- Multiple Choice
- Pressing TAB on the page does not TAB to the questions to be read, if you click on the area where the question is located, it will read it. (This would be extremely difficult for a visually impaired user).
- Pressing TAB cycles through the first answer of each question, so that it is impossible to tab to the next answer in the current question.
- Using the arrow keys does not select the next or previous answer check box. However it does cycle through the answer text, and you can continue to use the arrow keys to eventually get to the next response. This is impractical as the user would not necessarily know when the text for an answer has completely ended.
- Pressing space does select an answer, however it is not clearly indicated (by JAWS audio) like pressing Enter is for selecting an answer.
- When tabbing the to select the first question (Either/ Or question), it selects as expected. However when tabbing to the second answer choice, it tabs to Question 2's First Answer choice (Option Scale/Likert).
- When tabbing on the Matrix Question, using the following answer setup as an example.
- When tabbing on Multiple Choice Question users can only select the first Answer choice.
- Chrome Only: The answer selection are read incorrectly. When pressing TAB to get to the first answer, it reads the response for the second answer.
Target Release: Will Not Fix
Patch Available: No