Date Published: Sep 22,2015 Category: Product:Web_Conferencing_Known_Issues_and_Error_Messages_Web_Conferencing; Version:Web_Conferencing Article No.: 000041164
Product: Collaborate -Web Conferencing
Service Pack(s): Web Conferencing
Issue Description: Some users on Mac OSX 10.8 and higher with Office 2011 may receive an ExTRA report, session freezing, and/or an error message stating "Failure Calling PowerPoint to Process Presentation" when uploading some PowerPoint files to the Whiteboard. This article provides additional information on this error as well as workarounds while we work to resolve this issue.
Known Issue SymptomsUsers receive an ExTRA report, their session freezes, and/or receive an error message stating "Failure Calling PowerPoint to Process Presentation" when trying to upload some PowerPoint files to the Whiteboard in Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing.
Affected PlatformsMac OSX 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10 with Office 2011
Resolution/Workaround: At this time, the following workarounds are available:
- Download and use Apache OpenOffice to complete the PowerPoint upload process
- Save and upload your PowerPoint slides as image files:
- Open PowerPoint
- Open the presentation needed
- Click File
- Click Save as Pictures
- Save the pictures to your Desktop for easy finding
- Select Format: JPEG
- Click Save
- The images are now saved to a new folder on your Desktop
- Open your Collaborate session
- Click Load Content
- Browse to the Desktop folder created above and select all of the images from the newly created folder by pressing Command + A
- Click Open
- Select: Import Images as Individual Pages > Load
- The Page Explorer will open. This will allow you to move slides to different rooms and organize them.