Date Published: Feb 02,2018 Category: Product:Web_Conferencing,Ultra_Experience; Version:Web_Conferencing,Ultra_Experience Article No.: 000048098
Product: Collaborate -Web Conferencing
We are pleased to announce the upcoming release of Collaborate with the Ultra experience February 2018 (v18.2) update.
In this February 2018 (v18.2) release, we are excited to introduce phone only dial-in, the ability to edit recording names and we also made improvements to application bandwidth.
- You can now call into a Collaborate session without joining the session on a browser. From your list of sessions, select the name of the session you want to call into. Select the Anonymous dial-in information from the menu. Your device will now call into the session.
- Want to give your recording a new name. Access Recordings from your scheduler. Find the recording you want to edit. Open the Recording options and select Edit name.
- Previously, when the browser reported a drop in available bandwidth, Collaborate would continue to prioritize the audio stream and send a lower quality application sharing stream, resulting in a blurry screen for the viewer. This usually lasted a few seconds, until the browser reported more available bandwidth. This was happening more frequently than true network capacity indicated. Now, we use additional measurements for a more accurate picture of network conditions, which will greatly reduce the frequency of the blurry moments.
When will the update take place?
All clients will be upgraded on Saturday, February 3, 2018 or Sunday, February 4, 2018!
- AU-SAS (Sydney Hosted): Sunday, February 4, 2018 from 12:00 Midnight AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) UTC/GMT +11 hours to Sunday, February 4, 2018 4:00 AM AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) UTC/GMT +11 hours
- CA-SAS (Calgary Hosted): Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 8:00 PM MST (Mountain Standard Time) UTC/GMT -6 hours to Sunday, February 4, 2018 04:00 AM MST (Mountain Standard Time) UTC/GMT -7 hours
- EU-SAS (Amsterdam Hosted): Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10:00 PM CET (Central European Time) UTC/GMT +1 hours to Sunday, February 4, 2018 3:00 AM CET (Central European Time) UTC/GMT +1 hours
- US-SAS (Virginia Hosted): Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) UTC/GMT -4 hours to Sunday, February 4, 2018 6:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time) UTC/GMT -5 hours
Please note: We will try to minimize downtime and do not plan on using these entire maintenance windows, however we will use these entire maintenance windows if necessary. Collaborate Ultra and Collaborate Original (SAS) customers may see intermittent availability during these maintenance windows.
How will users access this release?
Users will automatically have access to the February 2018 update after the upgrade.
What supporting resources are available?
To help you with the transition, new documentation and knowledge base articles will be published on the day of the release.