Date Published: May 02,2019 Category: Product:First_Time_Users_Ultra; Version:Ultra_Experience Article No.: 000040373
Product: Collaborate - Ultra Experience
Collaborate System Requirements
Below, please find the supported Operating Systems, supported Internet Browsers, and recommended system specifications for using Collaborate with the Ultra experience.
Definitions of Terms
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Operational: fully tested, will continue to investigate and address only serious issues.
Compatible: partially tested and supported.
Provisional: untested but supported.
Unsupported: impossible or not supported.
Not Applicable: browser is not available for the Operating System
Collaborate with the Ultra experience
Collaborate with the Ultra experience is currently only available to customers with a Enterprise License or Moderator Access License. vClass and vOffice customers will not have access to Collaborate with the Ultra Experience.
Collaborate with the Ultra experience supports Windows and Mac PCs, Google Chromebook and Microsoft Surface Pro devices provided one of the supported browsers (listed below) are being used and audio/camera devices work with those browsers. (Microsoft Surface devices running Windows RT are not supported.)
|Chrome||Firefox®||Internet Explorer||Microsoft Edge®||Safari|
|Windows® 7, 8, 8.1||64 bit: Certified 32 bit: Compatible||64 bit: Certified 32 bit: Compatible||Unsupported||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Windows 10||64 bit: Certified 32 bit: Compatible||64 bit: Certified 32 bit: Compatible||Unsupported||Edge 17: Compatible|
Edge 18: Not Supported
|MacOS® 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13. 10.14||10.9,10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, 10:14: Certified||10.9,10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10:13, 10:14:Certified||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Safari® 11 and Safari® 12: Certified|
|Ubuntu||Provisional||Unsupported||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|iOS 11, 12||Unsupported||Unsupported||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Safari® 11 and Safari® 12: Beta Support|
- Only the latest two stable versions of the browsers listed above are supported.
- July 6, 2016 Update: Support for Internet Explorer 10 was permanently discontinued on July 1, 2016. We will no longer be providing technical support services for clients using IE 10. For more information please review our End Of Support for Internet Explorer 10 with the Ultra Experience support bulletin.
- March 21, 2019: Support for Internet Explorer 11 and Flash will be permanently discontinued with the March 2019 Collaborate Ultra Release. We will no longer be providing technical support services for clients using IE 11. For more information please review our Important Changes Coming With the March Release of Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra Experience support bulletin
- May 2, 2019: Due to a Microsoft bug, we will be unable to support Edge 18 for Windows 10. Users will be unable to hear audio. Please use another browser.
- Virtual Machines are not tested or supported.
We have introduced mobile support for Collaborate with the Ultra experience for both Instructors and Participants using the Blackboard and Blackboard Instructor apps.
Please review Release Notes for the Blackboard app and Release Notes for the Blackboard Instructor app for complete details and system requirements.
iOS 11 and iOS 12 users can use Safari 11 or 12 to launch Collaborate with the Ultra experience sessions using native WebRTC outside of the Blackboard app.
Application Sharing Support (Moderators and Presenters):
- Safari users: Collaborate with the Ultra experience will not support the "App Share" feature for session presenters and moderators at this time. If you are using a Mac and need to application share, please use either Firefox or Chrome.
- Chrome users: will need to install our Application Sharing extension to Chrome before they can application share. The extension will no longer be needed in the April 2019 release. If you require more information please review our Ultra Experience - Installing the Chrome Desktop Sharing
- Firefox users: for more information on Desktop Sharing permissions in Firefox please review our Firefox WebRTC Support information.
- Edge users: will be prompted to give the browser permission to access sharing and then will be able to start application sharing.
Screen Reader Support:
|Chrome||Firefox||Internet Explorer 11||Microsoft Edge||Safari|
|Windows® 7, 8, 8.1 with JAWS(v17)||Unsupported||Compatible||Unsupported||Unsupported||Unsupported|
|Windows 10 with JAWS(v17)||Unsupported||Provisional||Unsupported||Provisional||Unsupported|
|Mac OS 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 with VoiceOver||Unsupported||Provisional||Unsupported||Unsupported||Certified|
Please review our Accessibility knowledge base article for additional information.
Support File Types For Upload:
- File Types Supported For Upload: .ppt, .pptx, .pdf can be converted
- Image Files Types Supported for upload: .gif, .jpeg, .png
Support File Types For Profile Picture:
- Supported image types for profile picture: .png, .jpeg, .jpg
Bandwidth Requirements and Recommendations:
- Please review Low Bandwidth Management for more information on Bandwidth consumption and requirements when using Collaborate with the Ultra experience.
The information contained in the Knowledge Base was written and/or verified by Blackboard Support. It is approved for client use. Nothing in the Knowledge Base shall be deemed to modify your license in any way to any Blackboard product. If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2019 Blackboard Inc. All rights reserved