Date Published: Sep 20,2017 Category: Product:Web_Conferencing; Version:Web_Conferencing Article No.: 000058679
Product: Collaborate - Ultra Experience
Document Type: User Documentation
Best Practices For All Session Attendees:
- For the optimal session using Collaborate with the Ultra experience we recommend that all users attend with Google's Chrome browser or Mozilla's Firefox browser. Chrome and Firefox support all of the functionality necessary to run a full-featured Collaborate session through it's support of WebRTC.
- Make sure Audio and Video are setup correctly. Go to Settings (Gear icon) > Audio and Video Settings > Setup your Camera and Microphone. Click here for a step by step guide to setting up Audio and Video.
- If using Wifi, try to be as close to the router as possible.
- Using a headset is preferred, users without headsets should be sure to be in a quiet area to prevent background noise.
- Be in a well lit area if transmitting video.
- Close streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix, P2P, Spotify, or Pandora before accessing the session.
- Additional best practices for participants
For Presenting in Collaborate with the Ultra Experience
Apply the following best practices in addition to those for all Session Attendees (see above).
- We recommend using ethernet (cable plugin) over wifi for presenters to ensure the best quality in your session. If you must use wifi, please ensure you have a strong wifi signal.
- If you are a first time user, make a test recording to ensure that audio and video work and playback with optimal clarity and volume.
- Upload powerpoint and PDF's before your session starts
- Know how to manage participant settings in a live session.
- Turning off video for participants if it is not needed for the session will conserve bandwidth
- For Application Sharing Best Practices click here
- For Information on Sharing Content FAQ's click here
- Click here for Step by step information on how to Share Content
- The recording of a live session will STOP recording when all users are in Breakout Groups, be prepared to START the recording again when everyone returns to the main room.
- Additional best practices for moderators
For Conference Rooms
Apply the following best practices in addition to those for all Presenters (see above).
- Ensure equipment has adequate pick-up range for the conference room.
- Read and follow the manual included with your conference room device when configuring the product. Some conference room equipment requires special consideration for participant placement to provide optimal microphone pickup.
- Ensure other conference room equipment is turned off or does not interfere with the device. External speakers, laptop speakers and other audio devices are all possible sources of feedback in a conference room setting.
For AccessibilityClick here for more information about accessibility for Collaborate with the Ultra Experience.
Related Links and Resources: