Date Published: Nov 25,2020 Category: Planned_First_Fix_Release:Future_Reference_Learn; Product:Grade_Center_Learn; Version:Learn_9_1_3900_0,SaaS Article No.: 000074946
Product: Blackboard Learn
Service Pack(s): Learn 9.1, 3900.0.0, SaaS
Steps to Replicate:
- Log into Blackboard Learn as Instructor
- Create or reuse an Original Experience Course
- Create a Test with an Essay or Short Answer Question
- Quickenrol > Student Preview
- Take the test, then Exit Student Preview Keeping Data
- Return to the Full Grade Center. For the Column of the test click "Chevron" > Grade Questions
- There is only one response so click the "1" > Edit to enter the "Grade Responses" Screen
The functioning full editor is available for Response Feedback.
A plain HTML 'textarea' field appears. If text is entered into this 'textarea', it may not be saved. Existing text may be lost if edited.
- VTBE toolbars and utilities do not load for the Grade Questions > Grade Responses screen.
- Text entered into the plain text field may not be saved.
- If pre-existing text from before this issue is subsequently edited, it may be deleted.
Cause: This bug has been determined to be distinct from the bug identified in New VTBE does not Appear if Australian English, or an Outmoded Custom Language Pack is Used and occurs even if the default en_US language pack is used.
Resolution/Workaround: Grade the attempts individually.
Information: The message "For the toolbar, press ALT+F10 (PC) or ALT+FN+F10 (Mac)" appears above the text entry field. This accessibility shortcut does not show or hide the toolbars: it moves the input caret "focus" to the toolbar to enable switching between the toolbar and the text entry field for users that do not use a mouse.
Target Release: Future Reference
Patch Available: No