Date Published: Nov 13,2020 Category: Planned_First_Fix_Release:Future_Reference_Learn; Product:Blackboard_Instructor; Version:Learn_9_1_3900_0,Learn_9_1_Q4_2019,Learn_9_1_Q2_2017_3200_0_0,Learn_9_1_Q4_2017,Learn_9_1_Q2_2018,Learn_9_1_Q4_2018,Learn_9_1_Q2_2019,SaaS Article No.: 000074973
SAML authentication error for OneLogin for users with devices running iOS12 / Blackboard (5.9) and Blackboard Instructor (3.9) Apps
Users are presented with an error when attempting to authenticate using their institutions SAML / OneLogin authentication.
- Search the school in blackboard app
- Select the web Login
- Select the "Sign-in with third party account" - Chose SAML
- Enter username and continue
- Enter password and continue
The following error occurs:
An unexpected error seems to have occurred.
It should allow the user to login successfully and access the contents.
- Users with devices running iOS11 and iOS13+ are not impacted
- The change is result of an update to WKwebview required by Apple to maintain compliance in the Apple App Store
- Impacted users can update to iOS13+ to resolve the issue