Date Published: Feb 04,2021 Category: Product:Web_Conferencing; Version:Web_Conferencing Article No.: 000075211
Product: Blackboard Collaborate
Service Pack(s): Web Conferencing
Steps to Replicate:
Some users have reported that browsers freeze, or becomes unresponsive, intermittently when sharing an application, or sharing their screen in Collaborate on Windows. This issue does not affect all users and does not occur during all sessions. The issue has reportedly occurred while using different browser versions on Windows.
- One workaround is to try using a different supported browser until a fix is released.
- Chrome users should disable "Hardware Acceleration" by going to chrome://settings > Advanced > under System turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available" > Relauch Chrome
- Another possible workaround for moderators who are appsharing presentations is to upload the file to the whiteboard instead, if possible. This is also a best practice for optimizing bandwidth consumption.
Information: When opening a case in Behind the Blackboard to report this issue, please include the following information if possible:
- Browser name.
- Browser version number.
- Windows version number.
- A brief description of what happened, including as much detail as possible about what you were doing at the time the issue occurred.
- A brief explanation of what you expected to happen at the time the issue occurred.
- Can you easily replicate the issue?
- Copy browser console logs and paste into the case, if the browser did not become completely unresponsive and require a force quit.
- Please refer to this knowledge base article for instructions to save console logs from your browser.
- Copy "Report an Issue" report from any session and paste into the case.
- Please refer to this knowledge base article for instructions to copy the entire auto-generated report.