Announcement Details: Blackboard is pleased to announce the availability of Cumulative Update 7 for the Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q2 2018 release (Build: 3400.0.7-rel.32+830f614).
Cumulative Update 7 for Blackboard Learn 9.1, Q2 2018 includes resolution to the following issues:
- Retention Center EWS Refresh All Rules Job Running at an Incorrect Time - Article #39485
- Content Collection Permissions are not Immediately Given on Quick Enroll - Article #49813
- Invisible MS Word Markup Inserts form Tags in VTBE - Article #49864
- Administrators Cannot see Announcements in Unavailable Courses - Article #48200
- Deleting all Users not Enrolled in any Courses Deletes Every User on the System - Article #50043
- When Choosing View Evaluations on a Self and Peer Evaluation No Items Found is Displayed and an Error is Thrown in the Logs - Article #49599
- Bb Learn 2012 Theme with Browser Width 1024 or Smaller Missing Collapse Menu - Article #49583
- Error when Viewing Discussion Board Posts - Article #49876
- GdprExport Tool Skips User Course Files - Article #49925
- Grade Journey Gradable Discussion Board not Linking to Grade Column - Article #49886
Change Management Resources:
Before applying the Cumulative Update, please take a system backup and make sure you have a backup plan in place. The installer is run at the command line, using Gradle, Maven, and an installer properties file. This also requires your system to be down for the upgrade/install. Further installation instructions can be found here.
- Managed Hosting clients may submit a case on Behind the Blackboard to schedule implementation of this release.
Upgrade Paths for Clients Already on Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1
Existing Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1 clients can upgrade from the following versions to 9.1 Q2 2018 CU6 (Build: 3400.0.7-rel.32+830f614).
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q2 2018
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q4 2017
- Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q2 2017
If you are a self-hosted client on a Blackboard Learn 9.1 release prior to Q2 2017, you will need to upgrade to 9.1 Q2 2017 before you can upgrade to Learn 9.1 Q2 2018 CU7.
Upgrade Paths for Clients New to Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1
If you are upgrading from one of the releases listed below, please refer to the Upgrade Center for information to help you plan for this move. There are planning, training, and communication materials available to make this upgrade as smooth as possible. Please reference next steps based on your current release. For those migrating from Blackboard Learn, Release 9.0 or Blackboard Academic Suite, Release 8.0, please ensure you include migrating to a 64-bit environment in your upgrade plans.
Blackboard Learn, Release 9.0: The following paths are supported when upgrading from Blackboard Learn, Release 9.0, Service Pack 7 (Build: 9.0.692.0)
Blackboard Academic Suite, Release 8.0 or lower:The following paths are supported when upgrading from Release 8.0, Service Pack 7 Hotfix 2 (Build: 8.0.494.35) without needing to upgrade to Release 9.0 first.
Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1, Service Pack 9 (Build: 9.1.90132.0) > Service Pack 12 (Build: 9.1.120113.0) > April 2014 (9.1.201404.160205) > Q4 2015 (Build:9.1.201510) > Q4 2016 (Build:3100.0) > Q4 2017 (Build: 3300.0) > Q2 2018 CU7
Blackboard Learning System CE 8.0 and Vista 8.0 Licenses: You must be on Service Pack 6 (Build: 18.104.22.168) to effectively use course conversion capabilities.
Blackboard Learn, ANGEL Edition: You must be on any ANGEL 8.0 or ANGEL 7.4 release to effectively use course conversion capabilities.
If you are a self-hosted client on a release that is earlier than Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack 6, and you also use Oracle, there is a pre-upgrade utility that will minimize your downtime during this upgrade. Please consult the 9.1 Service Pack 6 Release Notes and the Readme for the Pre-Upgrade Utility for Oracle for more information on this utility.
For a more detailed explanation of the all the changes and new features included with this release, please reference the 9.1 Q2 2018 GA Release Notes, Previous Cumulative Update Announcements and related documentation.