Learn 9.1 Q2 2017 (3200.0.0), Learn 9.1 Q4 2016 (3100.0.0-rel.107+401e, SaaS
When inserting a video from the Content Collection in the text editor using Firefox or Internet Explorer, where the video is the only element in the editor, the video tag is deleted. Additionally, when copying a course, all videos embedded via the text editor become unavailable. An "invalid source" message displays in the player.
Steps to Repeat:
Embedded Videos being Deleted:
Use Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Log into Blackboard Learn as Instructor
- Create a Course
- Create a new content item element
- Select the Insert/Edit Embedded Media button > Browse Course
- Select an *.mp4 video file and click Insert (do not add any additional text into the text editor)
The video appears in the content item.
The video tag is removed by the editor, resulting in an empty content item.
This behavior does not occur with Chrome. Additionally, the video tag does not get deleted when using direct upload.
Videos become unavailable when copying a course:
- Log into Blackboard Learn as System Administrator
- Copy a Course (exact copy) which contains videos that are embedded in the text editor
- Log out
- Log in as Instructor or Student enrolled in copied Course
- Open the page that contains the videos
The videos appear in the content items.
The videos do not display. In Internet Explorer the following error displays in the player:
The "Invalid Source
" issue can also be caused by the encoder used on the mp4 file.
If the mp4 file is encoded with the normal MPEG-4 Video codec - this is in fact functioning as designed as the HTML5 <video> tag only supports H264 encoded mp4 files.
In some cases the audio track will play but you will see no picture.