Product: Blackboard Learn
Service Pack(s):9.1 SP14 (9.1.140152.0)
Blackboard™ Learn Release 9.1 was tested with a variety of platform technologies as well as common client-side technologies.
Certified: Fully tested and supported.
Compatible: Partially tested but should function properly.
Unsupported: Either unsupported by the vendor or not tested.
Windows Operating System
| ||IE 10 ||IE 9 ||IE 8 ||IE 7 ||Firefox|
(Final Release Channel)
|Firefox 3.6 ||Chrome|
|Windows XP (32-bit)* ||Unsupported |
|Compatible ||Unsupported ||Certified||Compatible ||Unsupported||Compatible |
|Windows Vista (32-bit) ||Unsupported |
|Certified||Compatible||Unsupported ||Certified||Certified||Unsupported ||Compatible|
|Windows Vista (64-bit) ||Unsupported |
|Compatible||Compatible ||Unsupported ||Certified||Compatible||Unsupported ||Compatible|
|Windows 7 (32-bit) ||Compatible||Certified||Compatible||Unsupported ||Certified||Certified||Unsupported ||Certified|
|Windows 7 (64-bit) ||Certified||Certified||Compatible ||Unsupported ||Certified||Certified||Unsupported ||Certified|
|Windows 8 (32-bit) ||Compatible||Unsupported |
|Windows 8 (64-bit) ||Certified||Unsupported |
Mac OSX Operating System
| ||Safari 6.0.6 ||Safari 6.0.3||Safari 6.0.1 ||Firefox|
(Final Release Channel)
|Mac OSX 10.6 ||Unsupported |
|Mac OSX 10.7 ||Certified||Certified||Certified||Certified ||Certified||Unsupported||Certified|
|Mac OSX 10.8||Certified ||Certified (10.8.3)||Certified||Certified||Certified||Unsupported||Certified|
|Chrome OS tested device||Chromebook (Chrome browser; features requiring NPAPI plug-ins are not supported)|
Client Technology Highlights of Changes from Previous Service Packs
- 64-bit Client Operating Systems: We are generally un-prepared to test 64-bit versions of client operating systems. We will continue to keep Windows XP 64-bit unlisted. 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7 will remain Compatible [June 2011]
- Internet Explorer 8 is only supported in Standards Mode.
- Internet Explorer 9 is only supported in Standards Mode.
- Blackboard strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS 11 and 12 are used during accessibility testing of 9.1 SP7.
- Chrome support: due to the auto-update feature of Chrome, support is based on the version available at the time of testing - release docs will note version tested.
- Firefox support: due to the auto-update feature of Firefox, support is based on the version available at the time of testing - release docs to note version tested.
- Note on OSX 1.8 Java is no longer shipped as part of the OS install and must be downloaded and installed by users on request of application/applet - this is a one time action on the part of the user.
- Announce de-support of XP - target date/SP first 2014 release - last guaranteed version to support XP is SP14.
Technologies NOT supported
- OSX 10.8/Safari 6.x support added
- Windows 8 and IE10 support added (focus on 64 bit)
- Internet Explorer 6, 7
- Firefox 1.5, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5
- Safari 2.0, 3.x (or any version on Windows)
- Windows XP 64-bit (unlisted)
- Mac OSX 10.3, OSX 10.4
- JRE 5 though it may continue to work
The information contained in the Knowledge Base was written and/or verified by Blackboard Support. It is approved for client use. Nothing in the Knowledge Base shall be deemed to modify your license in any way to any Blackboard product. If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. © 2017
Blackboard Inc. All rights reserved