The latest versions of Microsoft Edge offer the ability to open office files in the browser using Microsoft's office.com, when this option is enabled Office documents opened from Blackboard Learn SaaS cause an error.
Steps to Repeat:
: This issue is only applicable to SaaS hosting. Ensure Edge is updated to the latest version, the issue can be reproduced in Edge 95.0.1020.
- Log into Blackboard Learn as an Instructor or Administrator using Microsoft Edge
- Go to Edge Settings > Downloads and ensure "Open Office files in the Browser" is selected
- Open an Original Experience Course
- Select Build Content > Item
- Create the item, select Attach a file and Upload a Word Document (".docx") or other office document like PowerPoint or Excel
- Save and Submit the Item
- Select the Link to the file
Either an HTTP 404 error appears, or the Word online application opens but displays the message "Sorry, there was a problem and we can't open this document. If this happens again, try opening the Document in Microsoft Word."Expected Behavior
The File is transferred to Microsoft Office online and displayed in the Browser.